Friday, January 25, 2013

Boy Soldier

"Boy Soldier"
Acrylic on canvas 
24x30


This was an idea that popped into my head with regard to my new style that I'm trying out.  I really enjoy this painting and had fun painting it.  I think you will start to see more paintings like this one in the future.  

Here is the final painting!
 
And a process shot below!


Below is three shots of my process for this painting.  First comes the drawing, this drawing was sketched out on paper and then traced over in photoshop, allowing for quick changes and easy moving around of elements.  Then the line drawing is saved and a color study is done in photoshop as well, figuring out all the colors that are to be placed in the painting, getting a tight enough rendering to use as a reference for myself when painting the real thing.  Then, the line drawing is projected on the canvas and I trace my drawing on the final surface, and paint!


No comments:

Post a Comment